EMPOWER YOUR STUDENTS!
This inspiring performance will grab students’ attention with high-energy juggling and comedy while giving them the tools to make a positive difference in any bullying situation.
Based on guidelines from StopBullying.gov and the US Department of Health and Human Services.
What is an Upstander?
An Upstander is someone who sees bullying and intervenes, interrupts, or speaks up to create an environment of empathy and acceptance. The performance will address topics like:
- What is bullying & cyberbullying
- The effects of bullying on everyone involved
- The roles bystanders play in bullying including; Outsiders, Defenders (Upstanders), Reinforcers, & Assistants
- What to do if you are bullied/cyberbullied
- What to do if you see bullying happening and how to become an Upstander
- Jason’s personal struggle with bullying and how he overcame it
Jason Tardy has been performing for over 25 years in schools with his motivational shows and has been featured on CBS Sunday Morning, Inside Edition, Disney Cruise Ships, the Atlantis Resort in the Bahamas, and even The White House in Washington DC three times!
“Positive peer actions were strikingly more likely to be rated more helpful than were positive self actions or positive adult actions.” -Stan Davis and Charisse Nixon, Ph.D. Youth Voice Project
From 1st grade to high-school, this show can be tailored to fit any grade level. Jason is also available for:
- Juggling workshop
- Career Day Presentations
- Health & Fitness based Programs
- Character Educational shows
- Field Days
For more information about Upstanders and other ant-bully information, visit: https://www.stopbullying.gov/prevention/bystanders-to-bullying